THAMESIDE TENNIS SUMMER TOURNAMENT 2018 – ENTRY FORM
Entries and payment must be received by midday on Saturday 26th. May. The entry fee is £4 per event or £10 for 3 events. (If you enter 4 events, the cost is £14.) Competitors who lose their opening match may enter the Plate without charge.
Finals Day is
Saturday 21 July 2018.
How to enter:
1. Complete the grid below and click on 'Send' or click on 'Printable entry form', print and complete it and leave it in the tournament envelope on the board in the hut. (Please do not leave cash.)
( For doubles - please note that both you and your partner must submit entry forms)
2. Pay by online transfer or cheque to CSLTC. If payment is not received by the due date, your entry may not be included in the draw.
(The draw will be sent out by email and may be put on this web site.)
Printable entry form
1. Eligibility - Entrants must be annual members and have paid their subscriptions.
2. Availability for Finals Day - Players unavailable on Finals Day must scratch at match point in the semi-finals.
3. Deadlines -
a) Deadlines will be set based on the number of competitors in the different events.
b) All competitors should make contact with their opponents as soon as possible to fix dates for matches by the due date.
c) If a match is not expected to be played by the due date for whatever reason, competitors should contact the tournament organiser.
d) Players must scratch if injured or unable to play matches by deadlines. The organiser may grant an extension due to bad weather or short-term injury or sickness. Any extension will normally be of no more than one week (or to the end of the next week-end if an extension is granted mid-week).
e) If a match cannot be played by the deadline or extended deadline, the player(s) to scratch will be the person(s) who were unavailable to play. If there is a dispute, the Tournament Commitee will have the final decision.
4. Change of doubles partners - If a partner withdraws another partner can only be substituted if no matches in that specific event have been played by the partnership.
5. 'T' bookings - may be made for all matches subject to existing club rules re court usage. Please note that there may well be a restriction on the number of T-bookings at any one time especially during times for mixing-in (2-5 p.m.).
6. Match format - all matches shall be the best of three sets. The first two sets will be tie break sets to 7 points (2 points clear from 6 points each) with the third set being a long set.
7. Tournament format - all tournaments are knockout, with a plate tournament for those who lose in the first round. Depending how many entries we receive in each tournament, the organiser may amend the format, e.g. to a round robin for tournaments with low entries.
8. Playing mid-week – it should be possible to get these tournaments played at week-ends. Playing mid-week is only permitted if both competitors/teams agree.
9. Court surface - all matches should be played on grass. If the grass courts are unavailable then matches can be played on the astro if all parties agree.